Dr. McAlvany is board certified in Urology from the American Board of Urology. She received her medical degree from Midwestern University, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed her residency in Urology at Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education in Rochester, MN. She continued her training with a fellowship in Genitourinary and Reconstructive Surgery at the Center for Reconstructive Urology with Good Shepherd Medical Center in Longview, TX. McAlvany practices general urology with special interests in kidney stones, bladder health, women’s urologic health issues, urinary tract infection, prostate health, prostate cancer, erectile dysfunction, urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, and laser therapies. When not seeing patients, Dr. McAlvany enjoys a variety of outdoor activities including camping, hiking and kayaking.
Center for Reconstructive Urology
Trauma and Genitourinary Reconstructions (GURS)
Good Shepherd Medical Center, Longview, TX
Urology, kidney stones, cancer, prostate health, urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, enlarged prostate, urinary tract infection erectile dysfunction, laser therapies, bladder health.
- Academic Honors Society, George Mason Univeristy 2001-2004
- Iam Memorial Quality Leadership Award, Inova Fairfax Hospital August 2004
- Sigma Sigma Pi Osteopathic Medicine Honors Fraternity January 2009
- American Urological Association (AUA), 2011- preseent
- Society of Genitourinary Reconstruction Surgeons (GURS), 2015-present
- American Urogynecological Society (AUGS), 2015-presetnt
When not seeing patients, Dr. McAlvany enjoys a variety of outdoor activities including camping, hiking, fly fishing and kayaking.